About Punchdrunk Enrichment
We create unique experiences that take you to another world.
For children, families, adults and communities, our work can transform, have a powerful impact and take you on an unforgettable journey.
Punchdrunk Enrichment creates theatrical experiences that celebrate the power of the imagination. Our work is split into the following strands:
- Schools and education: using creativity to boost the skills and experiences of pupils and teachers
- Family theatre productions: creating immersive experiences for everyone to enjoy
- Community based work: bringing our approach to a variety of settings
- Masterclasses and workshops: sharing our practice and Punchdrunk’s historic practice online and offline
- Research and Development: exploring how digital technology can push our practice further
Our work makes a big impact: bringing transformational theatre experiences to people across the UK and beyond.
Punchdrunk was founded in 2000 by Felix Barrett and pioneered a new form of theatre in which roaming audiences experience epic storytelling inside sensory theatrical worlds. The company created award-winning shows including Sleep No More, Masque of the Red Death and Faust.
Building upon the success of the shows, in 2008 a founding company member, Peter Higgin established Punchdrunk Enrichment to take the company’s innovative practice into communities and schools, creating performances and workshops with and for children, young people, families and communities.
Today Punchdrunk Enrichment exists as an independent charity dedicated to creating transformational experiences for as wide an audience as possible. At the same time, Punchdrunk continues to create pioneering theatrical experiences in theatre, TV, digital gaming and beyond. The companies exist independently but are founded upon the same principles and commitment to high standards of design and performance that defines Punchdrunk’s large-scale productions for adult audiences.
For information about Punchdrunk, the pioneering immersive theatre company and their theatrical projects, including Sleep No More, and The Third Day, please visit the Punchdrunk website.