Turn your home into a place of wonder
It all began when one day we discovered a locked book. No one knew how it got there, or how to open it. We got in touch with an old friend from a library to see if they could help.
In return, we received a video from Avery, a library guardian-in-training. Apparently the door to one of the departments is locked shut and Avery needs your help to open it…
Our Home Story is a new experience from Punchdrunk Enrichment, created for children and their parents or carers to enjoy at home together. It’s a chance to get creative and enjoy storytelling and story writing, suitable for children aged 5 – 11 years old.
How to Get Started
This project includes two videos, a downloadable activity sheet and a special reward if you sign up to our mailing list.
Read the instructions in full before you start, including the tips on how to make the experience extra magical.
Follow these steps:
1. Avery, the guardian-in-training at the library has sent us this video. Watch it together. To access subtitles, please click ‘CC’.
2. Click to download this activity sheet on your smartphone, tablet or computer. The activity sheet is full of suggested activities for you to lead at home with your child, you can adapt these activities or make up your own. Before you start writing together, watch the writing ritual video that Avery has shared to help you get creative.
3. Get writing! Share your work with us online using #OurHomeStory, read it aloud and put it under your pillow at night. Only by sharing it will your story reach Avery.
4. Once you have written and shared your story, click here to sign up to our mailing list to receive a special reward for your writing: a thank you message and an illustrated copy of the story to download. You’ll be added to our mailing list for future at home family experiences and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Make it magic
Here are a few tips on making Our Home Story extra special:
- Please don’t share this webpage with your child and don’t mention this is a Punchdrunk Enrichment project
- Use the backstory above to introduce the story to your child
- If you have access to a printer, you could print out the activity sheet and hide it in your child’s book for them to discover
If you have enjoyed Our Home Story take a look at The Wild Visitor in which you and your family can rediscover nature with the help of a special house guest.
Artistic DirectorPeter Higgin
Director and WriterAlice Devlin
Production ManagerNick Slater
Set DresserLydia Reed
Film productionIlluminations Media